This open house was active from March 26 - April 21, 2021. Information on this website may no longer be current. Email us for more information.
- 1/2 cup, plus two tablespoons, butter
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Let butter warm to room temperature. Beat butter until creamed.
- Combine butter with sugar and vanilla extract.
- Stir in flour until fully combined.
- Shape dough into a rectangle about 1/2 inch thick.
- Chill dough in plastic wrap until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice dough into about 16 evenly-sized rectangles.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Evenly space cookies on sheet.
- Use a fork or toothpick to create a pattern on each cookie. This helps the cookies keep their shape.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the bottom of the cookies just start to turn brown.
Recipe submitted by Renus Kelfkens